Tuesday, June 19, 2012

ALA! Anaheim! I'm there!

This weekend, when I'm not at Disneyland with the fam, I will be struttin' around the conference floor at the ALA Annual Conference in Anaheim. (Ok, maybe not with the struttin') I hope that you'll be there too and we'll have a chance to shake hands, say hello, and exchange pleasantries.

Here's my schedule:

Friday June 22
6:30-7 pm, signing ANOTHER BROTHER and JUSTIN CASE at Macmillan booth (Feiwel and Friends)
9-11 pm, kicking it at the Macmillan Dessert Party

Saturday June 23
9:30-10 am, signing ITSY-BITSY BABY MOUSE and LEAP BACK HOME TO ME at Simon and Shuster booth
1:30-3 pm, signing preview copies of IF YOU WERE A CHOCOLATE MUSTACHE with J. Patrick Lewis at Boyds Mills booth
3-4:30 pm, reading (first time ever!) my forthcoming book HELLO! HELLO! with many talented authors and illustrators at the Disney-Hyperion Storytime Preview
9-11:30 pm, kicking it at the Simon and Schuster dessert party

Sunday June 24
12-2 pm, Abrams Librarian lunch (where I'll be talking up BAT AND RAT)
2-3 pm, signing BAT AND RAT and LIKE PICKLE JUICE ON A COOKIE at Abrams booth

Here is a pic of these BAT AND RAT puppets I just finished up for use at the above described Abrams Lunch (a ridiculous amount of time spent which I do not have at the moment...). Blogger/Librarian/Reviewer/Pal extraordinaire, Travis Jonker (100 Scope Notes) will be voicing/pupetting the Rat to my Bat!


Hope to see you in sunny California!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Have fun with it all! The puppets are great!

Matthew Cordell said...

Thanks, Elizabeth!

writing, editing and proofreading here said...

The schedule is simply amazing. Even arriving on vacation with your family, you can spend time and family and work.