Monday, March 3, 2008

Jack Prelutsky


I was just looking through the many websites I have bookmarked and came across, again, the awesome site of the awesome poet Jack Prelutsky. Julie and I saw Mr. Prelutsky speak at one of those Anderson's Bookshop Children's Lit Breakfasts (two years back, I think). His poems are freaking great and hilarious, and so is he, naturally. In 2006, he was, in fact, named the first ever Children's Poet Laureate by the Poetry Foundation.

Anyhow, after being impressed by his Anderson's gig, I looked him up on the web and found he had an equally great and hilarious website. It's chock full of excellently raw computer drawing, too-cool animation, and sweet sound effects (make sure your sound's on). Be sure to check out one of my fave poems on the site, "It's Raining Pigs and Noodles".


I would LOVE to illustrate something of his someday. I think our styles would compliment each other?

No comments: