Friday, March 7, 2008

The Lizard Man Returns

Back in '88 there was this big urban legend/local news story about alleged spottings in Lee County, South Carolina (just a couple of hours away from my old stompin grounds) about a man-sized lizard terrorizing the community. Appropriately named, Lizard Man. I never got a t-shirt, but dang I wish I had one now! Those things are right on.

Anyway, one of the blogs I read occasionally is by a friend of some of my old college-time friends, J Chris Campbell. He's actually a quite good cartoonist and still living it up in my old Greenville, South Carolina. He just got wind of this awesome news story and vid, and blogged about it and even made up his own artist's rendition of said Lizard Man. Check it out here. But first, check out this hi-larious news story of the latest "sighting". Them's my people. Straight South.

No comments: