Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New stuff on matthewcordell.com


It's been a long time coming, but I just finished a much needed update to the old website. Seeing as I'll be gearing up soon to promo TROUBLE GUM, I put a drawing from TG on the home page. Also, in the "work" section, I've added work from TROUBLE GUM, TOOT TOOT ZOOM!, and MIGHTY CASEY. For each of these books there are sample spreads to view as well as details of artwork from each book to click through.

Whenever possible, I like to ask my publisher to supply me with the top-notch scans that are done when the book is in production. The publisher pays to have the original art scanned and color-balanced and contrast-adjusted so that, when in print, it looks as close to the originals as possible. I got the good scans for MIGHTY CASEY and TROUBLE GUM. It never quite came together though, for TOOT. Please don't judge my sub-par scannings in that click through! D.I.Y., baby.

Anyhow, please do go for a look, starting here:

http://www.matthewcordell.com

3 comments:

Julie H said...

I'm sorry, but I don't know if I can look at these sub-par scannings. For shame.

The site looks amazing! I really can't wait for Trouble Gum to hit the stores!

A fan said...

What fun pictures! I am one of those folks who gave up chewing bubble gum years ago. I was never good at blowing bubbles. Your pictures make me want to run out to the store and buy the biggest pack of bubble gum I can find!!

Very nice Matt, very nice!!
This book is a must have for me!

Matthew Cordell said...

Thank you, my friend! I will hold you to this.