Wednesday, February 6, 2008

MAKE YOUR OWN FUN by George Drury


In addition to my illo work in children's lit, I occasionally take on other illustration jobs and small design pieces. Above is the cover to a chapbook of poems I designed and illustrated for Julie's and my friend George Drury. Since he's titled the booklet MAKE YOUR OWN FUN, I thought it'd be right to have a connect the dots of the poet himself up front (click to zoom for detail). I've collaborated with George before, designing and illustrating a poetry broadside and a bookmark. He's awesome to work with! And he digs the letterpress. In addition to being a celebrated English teach at Francis Parker School in Chicago (where he and Julie met), he's a huge talent and an amazing personality. A real wealth of knowledge and experience. He recently sent me a piece he'd written (for a publication called Strong Coffee, I think?) after seeing, by coincidence, a surprise set Dylan played at Kingston Mines in Chicago. Right on.

No comments: